FAXE GOlak Matt 'glans 8'
Zeer resistente vloerlak op waterbasis
Lacquering of highly trafficed wooden surfaces where high demands for durability is required
FAXE GOlak is water-based and very effective. The varnish provides a superior wear resistance and makes the wood easy to clean. FAXE GOlak can be used for lacquering heavy-traffic areas such as canteens, classrooms, shops and for wooden floors in general where extra surface durability is needed. FAXE GOlak is available in matt, silk-matt and glossy finishes.
- Packaging: 0,75 litres, 2 litres, 5 litres, 10 litres
- Coverage: 10 m²/l.
- Dry Time: 4-6 hours at 20°C.
- Applying: Roller or brush.
- Type: waterborne
- Safety Sheet: Link to pdf
Where to use:
For use on untreated and previously treated wooden floors where a particularly wear-resistant and easy to maintain surface is required. Recommended application is 3 layers of FAXE GOlak for optimal strength.
Tip! For a deeper wood tone, particularly for dark woods such as merbau or oak, apply 2 layers of FAXE GOlak glossy and 1 layer of matt.
Clean the wood with FAXE GOlak Cleaner and allow to dry completely.
- Sand previously treated wood to a matt finish.
- For a whitewashed finish use FAXE White before applying lacquer.
- It is recommended to test for adhesion and colour tone by making a small test area.
- Shake FAXE GOlak thoroughly before and during application.
- Apply with brush, fine mohair roller, paint pad or spray evenly.
- Next layer can be applied after 4-6 hours at 20ºC. Remember to sand between layers with grain size 180 sandpaper.
- Apply at temperatures over 18ºC and humidity at 50% RH. At higher temperature and lower humidity drying time is shortened. At low humidity ca. 25% RH and higher temperature ca. above 30°C it is an advantage to add 5% water to FAXE GOlak.
Cleaning and maintenance:
Vacuum clean regularly. Wash as necessary with FAXE GOlak Care. Worn surface: See Application section 2.
Shake before use.
Apply at min. 18ºC and 50% RH measured at floor level.
Clean tools in water.
Matt is about gloss 8 * Silk-matt is about gloss 25-30 * Glossy is about gloss 70.
At temperature above 10ºC.
Water-based, self-hardening acrylic polyurethane lacquer.
Empty the complete contents of the container into a plastic vessel, stir thoroughly before and during use. Several containers containing identical products should be mixed together. The finished result depends, amongst other things, on the preparatory treatment, structure and natural colour of the substrate. For this reason, try out first on a sample area.